Topic of the Week
Hunting for Red Flags: Surviving a Background Check
You've aced the interview with the right combination of expertise and enthusiasm, but there is one more hurdle, the background check. You're home free, right? Hardly.
Blog of the Week
Public transportation is a jobs and equality issue
Public transportation is a jobs issue. If you don’t believe that, take a look at Philadelphia, where lack of efficient mass transit from the city to the suburbs is keeping a lot of people out of work.
Thought for the Week
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
List of the Week
How Companies Keep Top Talent:
- More pay, 43%
- Improving professional development, 18%
- Improving corporate culture, 15%
- Communicating plans for corporate growth, 10%
- Improving benefits, 6%
- More telecommuting, 5%
Top Five News Headlines
- Efforts Increase To Bring Health And Other Benefits To Independent Workers
- LGBTQ Workers Still Face Legal Discrimination
- When Helicopter Parents Hover Even at Work
- UAW Says Supreme Court Action Bolsters Volkswagen Case
- The Foreign Visa Crackdown Is Putting Americans Out of Work