Topic of the Week
Dating on the job and fraternization? How far can your employer go?
Blog of the Week
Protecting America’s Workers Act Introduced. Would Strengthen OSHA and Workers’ Rights
As with past PAWA bills, this version, which has 27 co-sponsors, extends OSHA coverage to public sector employees in those states where they’re not currently covered (as well as federal employees), strengthens anti-retaliation protections for workers, requires the abatement of hazards during contests by employers and toughens criminal penalties.
Thought for the Week
"The context of what’s happening here is an administration that’s hostile to employee rights. This seems deliberate and by design."
–Rep. Gerald E. Connolly (D-VA) on the weakening of the Merit Systems Protection Board
List of the Week
from Workplace Fairness
Top Searches in Harassment this week:
- Sexual Harassment - Legal Rights
- Racial Harassment
- Sexual Harassment - Application of the Law
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Sexual Harassment - Practical Strategies
Top Five News Headlines
- After Winning a $15 Minimum Wage, Fast Food Workers Now Battle Unfair Firings
- This grievance board for federal workers has one person left — and he’s about to leave
- Revolt of the gig workers: How delivery rage reached a tipping point
- Think Federal Workers Have It Bad? It's Worse for State and Local Employees.
- House Democrats’ new plan for a $15 minimum wage, explained