Topic of the Week
Gender Identity Discrimination
Discrimination based on gender identity is not specifically prohibited under federal law at this time, but there are legislative efforts to pass federal laws to make it explicitly illegal. There is also some case law interpreting sex discrimination laws t
Blog of the Week
Here’s Where the 2020 Candidates Stand on Labor
In some ways, candidates’ rush to the left makes it harder to discern just how deeply committed they are to strengthening unions. Everyone always says they want to rebuild the middle class. Who really wants to rebuild the labor movement?
Thought for the Week
"In 1991, as an advocate for the Women's Rights Coalition, I first began working on Paid Family Leave. Now, we can finally tell parents that they no longer will have to worry about losing their pay when they are having a baby or need to care for a loved one."
–Gov. Kate Brown of Oregon
List of the Week
from Workplace Fairness
Top Discrimination searches this week:
- Pay Discrimination
- Sex and Gender Discrimination
- Family Responsibility Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination
- Proving Discrimination
Top Five News Headlines
- Walmart Workers Must Pursue Sex Bias Claims as 79 Suits (2)
- Parenting can be a full-time job. Activists want the tax code to treat it that way.
- Amazon warehouse workers around the world are striking for Prime Day
- NYC struggles to enforce paid sick leave law: city comptroller
- Some of Amazon's highly paid tech workers say warehouse worker conditions are 'a source of shame'