Topic of the Week
Family Medical Leave Act - What does it provide and are you protected?
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) was created to help employees balance the demands of the workplace with the needs of their families. The Act requires covered employers to provide reasonable unpaid leave to employees for certain family and medical
Blog of the Week
Time’s Up: Time to Reconsider the “Severe and Pervasive” Standard for Sexual Harassment
The #MeToo movement has helped thousands of sexual harassment victims get justice against their harassers. Unfortunately for Amy Swyear, the Seventh Circuit has yet to realize the effects of the movement.
Thought for the Week
"Employers are increasingly using non-disclosure agreements to force workers to sign away their rights to speak out about harassment. By prohibiting this practice, the EMPOWER Act will help ensure that everyone has a safe and dignified work environment."
–U.S. Rep. Lauren Underwood (D-IL)
List of the Week
from Workplace Fairness
Top searches in Benefits and Leaves this week:
- Vacation pay
- Disability leave
- Meal and rest breaks
- Sick leave
Top Five News Headlines
- New York's paid vacation law could cost companies $1.6 billion a year
- New Documentary Reveals the Deadly Cost of Texas’ Anti-Worker Agenda
- Uber to Pay $20 Million to Settle Driver Classification Suit
- The Long Fight for Pay Equality in Sports
- Labor Department issues proposed regulations on overtime